October marks National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual event that was established to increase understanding of the disease.
In honor and support for everyone who has lost someone to this disease and for everyone we know who continues to fight the battle, we would like to recognize and support this cause. During the month of October the Maranto Agency Staff pledges to:
- Dedicate a day of pink every Wednesday in October!
- Donate into the donation jar. Any denomination is acceptable.
- Maranto Agency Inc. will match the total donations.
- We will donate the fundraising dollars to the Susan B Komen Foundation at the end of the month.
- Consider purchasing a PIN for $2 to wear all month long. Proceeds will go into the donation.
The statistics on breast cancer are grim. An estimated 268,600 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer this year, and the illness will kill 41,760 women, according to the Susan G. Komen organization. There will be 690 deaths in Alabama from breast cancer in 2019, the American Cancer Society estimates. Let’s join hands in fighting cancer!