Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact our experienced team to learn more.

Find answers to the questions we hear most often about business and personal insurance.

How much property insurance does my business need?

Your business property insurance should completely cover the monetary value of your business’s physical assets. This includes the worth of your building and what’s in it.

Do I need workers’ compensation insurance?

New York requires all businesses to have workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. Without this coverage, your business is liable for both an injured employee’s medical bills and state fines.

How do I protect stored or saved information?

Data saved on physical hard drives or in cloud storage can be tampered with by internal or external forces. Cyber insurance protects your business when sensitive or propriety information is compromised.

What if a tenant damages my building?

Your landlord insurance will likely cover some damage caused by tenants, with the exception of intentional destruction. Depending on your policy, coverage may include situations ranging from damaged drywall to kitchen fires.

Does my small business need insurance?

Businesses of all sizes can suffer serious consequences without proper insurance coverage. As a small business, your specific needs will be different from larger organizations. That doesn’t make coverage less important!

Do I need to disclose all drivers in my household?

Yes. Having the right coverage for every driver with the potential to use your vehicle protects everyone involved in case of an accident.

Should I use the insurance offered by rental car companies?

If you have full coverage on your personal vehicle, you don’t need to add coverage through the rental company. In most cases, your personal auto insurance follows you, no matter what car you’re driving.

How much personal insurance coverage do I need?

Your insurance coverage should amount to the value of your personal assets. Otherwise, your insurance may not completely protect you when you need to file a claim.

Does homeowners insurance cover flooding?

Most homeowners insurance policies do not cover flooding. To ensure you are protected against flooding, you can purchase an additional policy.

What should I do if I’m involved in an auto accident?

The first thing you need to do is pull over to remove yourself from further harm. Check with everyone involved to make sure there aren’t any injuries. Write down insurance and identification details for all the drivers involved, as well as any witnesses. Contact your insurance right away and don’t admit fault while speaking to others at the scene.

When should I file a claim?

New York requires that claims involving personal injury protection (PIP) are filed within 10 days of an auto accident. If you wait to report your claim, you could be denied coverage.

What should I do if damage is less than my deductible?

In situations involving property damage (rather than injury), getting an estimate for damages before submitting a claim is smart. If the cost of repairing the damages is less than or equal to your policy’s deductible, it may make sense to skip submitting your claim.

Trust Your Insurance Needs to Our Team

Our licensed agents have decades of experience helping individuals across the Buffalo Niagara region choose the right coverage for their families, businesses and properties. We develop strong relationships with each of our clients to ensure we’re protecting what matters most to them.

Get Started Today